Search Engine Optimization | SEO | Internet Marketing Services
It's almost impossible not to know something about search engine optimization, also known as SEO. But even the most upscale professionals sometimes struggle with the definition of SEO. As a Los Angeles SEO firm that helps businesses get better rankings every day, Crest Media can explain the process of SEO here:
Step 1 - When consumers use Google, Yahoo or Bing to search for products or services like yours, they enter keywords that describe what they're looking for. Those keywords usually include the product or service in question and the location that they want to find it in. That's called a keyword phrase, and it's the first component of search engine optimization. As your SEO provider, Crest Media will use targeted keyword phrases in your website text to help your site rank higher in search engines.
Step 2 - The next part of the SEO process is creating text that attracts search engine "spiders." Spiders "crawl" the Internet in search of specific attributes within websites. A site should contain the following characteristics in order for spiders to index it to the right search engine results page:
- Title tags -
- Title tags are found on the top left portion of your browser. They help match search engine spiders to your website.
- Meta tags -
- Meta tags are embedded in the code of your website. They help identify the type of website that is being crawled.
- Inbound links -
- Inbound links come from other websites. They allow search engine spiders to easily travel from site to site, which provide better categorization for your site and others.
- Anchor Text -
- Anchor text is characterized by links within your web page content that lead to other web pages on your site.
- Site map -
- A site map is a page on your website that shows a link to every other page on your site. It aids in directing the spiders to other pages.
Step 3 - The final part of the SEO process entails these three components:
- Coding -
- The code in your website's infrastructure must be search engine friendly and designed to cater to spiders. It takes a coding pro with solid SEO expertise to know how to do this.
- Unique content -
- Your website text (aka words) must be unique on every single page. Duplicate content is now penalized by the Google Penguin and Google Panda algorithms, so you need a Los Angeles SEO company that can write unique content for all your pages.
- New content -
- Refreshing your web content, including text and videos, is another important part of getting better search engine rankings.
Our SEO Process Flowchart details a multi-level approach to Search Engine Optimization, that focuses on both: on-site optimization efforts such as keyword rich content development and off-site visibility growing efforts, such as link-building.
Business owners don't have time to do this on their own. That's why Los Angeles SEO firm Crest Media does this every day for them.
We specialize in helping our clients get to the top of the search engines, while also fulfilling their web design,social media and other Internet marketing needs. The result is higher search engine rankings, improved visibility…and yes, more profitability.
To inquire about becoming a national or local Los Angeles search engine optimization client of Crest Media, contact us today! We will be glad to answer your questions.
How Much Does SEO Cost?